In an interview with the Swiss journal Die Weltwoche that was published on Thursday, Carlson claimed, “I sought to interview Vladimir Putin, and the US administration blocked me. He went on to state that he felt let down by the US news media’s alleged lack of sympathy for his predicament.
There wasn’t anyone who said, “Wait a minute,” he claimed. Even if I don’t particularly like this guy, he has a right to interview whoever he chooses, and we have a right to hear what Putin has to say. “You’re not allowed to hear Putin’s voice,” the 54-year-old continued. Since why? There was no vote on it. No one asked me.”
The often-controversial media personality didn’t elaborate on the circumstances under which he says there was government intrusion into his plans to interview Putin but it appeared to suggest that it was the current Biden administration which was behind the meddling. Carlson also didn’t mention when the interview with the Russian leader was supposed to take place.
Carlson told Die Weltwoche, “I’m an American citizen. “I’m a far more devoted citizen of this nation than, example, Joe Biden or Kamala Harris, who didn’t even grow up here; she was born and raised in Canada. And they’re explaining to me what it means to be an American patriot?
After the news network settled a legal dispute with the manufacturer of voting machines Dominion Voting Systems for $787.5 million, Carlson previously Fox News’ top star decided to leave the channel. On a few of its programmes, Fox News frequently covered allegations that Dominion’s voting equipment was used to ‘rig’ the 2020 US presidential election.
The Carlson Show The Dominion complaint notably made mention to Tucker Carlson Tonight, in which he frequently covered topics including gender, ethnicity, sexuality, and “woke” philosophy.
Since leaving Fox News, Carlson has broadcast abridged versions of his news show on X (formerly Twitter) which regularly draw tens of millions of views.
A teaser trailer for a weekend show that would reportedly be presented by Carlson has been broadcast on the Russian TV news station Rossiya 24. The advertisement ran for the first time earlier this month and was repeated on September 22 with the phrase “at the weekend.” The “high-profile American presenter is moving to another level,” it continues. Here.”
The premiere date and if the programme will feature original material or translated Carlson’s X broadcasts were not specified by Rossiya 24.