West News Wire: Abby Grossberg, a former producer of “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” filed two complaints against the network, alleging that it forced her to work in a hostile atmosphere and coerced her into delivering false testimony in a prominent election fraud case. Fox News has already agreed to settle these cases.
On Friday, Grossberg’s attorney disclosed the deal; shortly after, Fox confirmed it. The network declared, “We are pleased that we have been able to resolve this matter without further litigation.”
The $12 million payment comes after Fox gave Dominion Voting Systems a staggering $800 million in April. After a number of the network’s anchors, including Carlson, broadcast claims that Dominion helped tilt the 2020 presidential election in favour, the firm, which makes electronic voting devices, sued Fox.
In one of two lawsuits against Fox, Grossberg claimed that she was “coerced, intimidated, and misinformed” into giving false testimony in the Dominion case, and was given “woefully inferior and inadequate legal representation” compared to her male colleagues.
In April, Fox News abruptly fired anchor Carlson without providing a reason. Carlson was the most watched host during prime time. Grossberg, though, had filed a lawsuit against Fox a month before, claiming that Carlson’s male producers had made comments about her that were sexist and anti-Semitic. In a series of subsequent interviews with the media, Grossberg accused Carlson of being racist and said that he and his senior producer, Justin Wells, had turned her life into a “living hell.”
From September 2022 until this March, Grossberg served as Carlson’s head of booking. “I have no knowledge of her. In April, Carlson said to NPR, “I never met her.
Grossberg said in a statement on Friday that she was “heartened that Fox News has taken me and my legal claims seriously.”
“I am hopeful, based on our discussions with Fox News today, that this resolution represents a positive step by the network regarding its treatment of women and minorities in the workplace,” she added.
Carlson has since launched a new show on Twitter, which closely follows the monologue style of ‘Tucker Carlson Tonight’s opening segments. Earlier this month, Fox’s lawyers ordered Carlson to cease producing new material, claiming that doing so violates his existing contract with Fox.
“Tucker will not be silenced by anyone,” his lawyer, Harmeet K. Dhillon, said in response.